|이름||조영달 (Young-Dahl Jho)|
(School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at GIST)
A-509 EECS,Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST), Gwangju 61005, South Korea
- 2002 Seoul National University (Ph.D.- Semiconductor device physics & ultrafast phenomena)
- 1997 Seoul National University (M.S.-THz photonics)
- 1995 Seoul National University (B.S.-Physics)
|2014 - 2015||Visiting Prof., California Institute of Technology, USA|
|2013-||Science & Creativity Ambassador" designated by Korean Foundation for the Advancement of Science and Creativity|
|2007 -||Faculty, School of Elec. Eng. & Comp. Sci., GIST|
|2005 - 2007||Assistant Scientist, Univ. of Florida, USA|
|2004 - 2005||Postdoctoral Fellow, National High Magnetic Field Lab., USA|
|2003 - 2004||Visiting Postdoctoral Associate (as part of an army service), Seoul Nat'l Univ|
|2002 - 2003||Postdoctoral Associate, National High Magnetic Field Lab., USA|
- Journal referee for Appl. Phys. Lett., J. Appl. Phys., Phys. Rev. Lett., Phys. Rev. B, Rev. Mod. Phys., Physica E, Current Appl. Phys., ACS-Nano, and IEEE-THz/Nano
- Conference committee for 2009 APLS, 2011 SPP, 2013 APMP, International Microprocesses and Nanotechnology Conference (MNC 2017)
Research Interests google scholar
- Optoelectronics with efficient thermal managements
- Functionalized terahertz devices
- Integration of photonics, electronics, and phononics in semiconductor chips
- Nanoscale quantum phononics
- 2016, GIST research excellence.
- 2016 Top Ten Representative Technologies of GIST.
- 2014, grantee from Samsung future technology foundation.
- 2013, selected as overseas research professorship grantee from LG Yeonam Foundation.
- Best conference papers: 2011 KPS, 2010 OSK, 2012 Int. Conf. on Nano Sci. & Tech., 2015 Pacific Rim Conference on Lasers and Electro‐Optics (CLEO/Pacific Rim), 2017 Advanced Laser Technology, 2018 Phonons.
- 2005 NSF research highlight from NHMFL.
- 2001 CLEO-PR, Conference Travel Award for Students.